AE have a wealth of experience and expertise in architectural acoustic design and testing. We are able to specify and provide design advice on partition constructions and detailing, specify glazing performances and provide advice on room acoustics.
AE offers the following range of architectural acoustic design services:
- Initial design review - provision of performance specifications to mitigate against road traffic, railway, aircraft and industrial noise sources;
- Room privacy assessments - detailed calculations of noise transmission between adjacent rooms via, ceiling, floor, wall and ductwork systems pathways;
- Façade break-in assessments - design advice to ensure building envelopes and internal partitions / walls achieve the required level of sound insulation;
- External building envelope noise break-out assessments - detailed calculations and measurements to ensure noisy internal activities (e.g. nightclubs) do not break-out from the building envelope and impact upon external environments;
- Reverberation Assessments - to test airborne and impact sound insulation provided by walls and floors in multi-unit dwellings and offices; and
- Public address systems - specifications for speech reinforcement and assessment of speech intelligibility.
Acoustical Testing Services
AE’s architectural acoustic testing services offer a full suite of services designed to provide certainty that your project has met or exceeded is performance objectives. Whether that entails determining compliance with the Building Code of Australia, specific Body Corporate acoustic objectives or other project specific requirements, AE has the skills and experience to assist. Our assessment services include the following range of architectural acoustic testing services:
- Commissioning - acoustic commissioning testing for external noise break-in and/or the operation of building services plant (e.g. fans). The resultant noise levels are then compared with the requirements of the specification to prove compliance.
- Reverberation time testing - Reverberation testing is used to determine compliance and/or suitability of the acoustic properties of a room/area.
- Sound insulation testing - demonstrate that reasonable resistance to the passage of sound is achieved between adjacent dwellings and between dwellings.
- Floor Impact Certification Testing – testing of installed floor systems to confirm they are able to achieve acceptable protection to impact noises.