About the business
Assured Environmental (AE) is a well-established, reputable, Consulting Engineering business that has a solid history of success working on projects in Australia and Overseas.
With Head Office based in Brisbane, we have recently opened an interstate office in Alexandria to service our southern based clients.
The Company continues to deliver quality services and exceptional customer practices to their solid client base, as well as offering their employees a true team culture that is stable (low turnover of staff), professional and caring. You and your fellow staff can be challenged in this work environment due to the quality and nature of projects undertaken by the Company.
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic candidate to fill an Environmental Technician role in our company. As an environmental technician you will be responsible for planning and coordinating technical aspects of air testing projects (the main focus is on emission testing at industrial facilities, with other areas of work including ambient air monitoring, odour monitoring and occupational exposure monitoring). You will work in a team environment and be able follow standard procedures with no supervision. You will be tertiary qualified in science, engineering or a related discipline with the ability to write technical reports and quotes.
Skills and experience
- Motivated and able to work independently
- Post-secondary education in environmental science or environmental management ideally with experience in air monitoring
- 1 – 5 years experience in a similar field
- Good analytical and technical “hands-on” skills
- Aptitude for practical problem solving
- Willingness and flexibility to travel and to work long hours, evenings, weekends at times.
- Ability to perform manual tasks, and physically fit with the ability to perform heavy lifting.
- Aptitude for attention to detail to ensure a high degree of QA/QC
- A valid driver’s licence
The position is Sydney based with some amount of local and interstate travel.
Salary will be consummate to experience & education.
Application closes by Monday 28th September 2020.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com; First round interviews will be held via video conference appointment.
Start date early October 2020.